Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Old Man's Back Again

one of the more poignant and striking forms of humor in the twentieth century has been the communist jokes from during the time of the soviet union and the warsaw pack. related closely to jewish humor, it is self-deprecating and caustic; very rarely is there a happy ending.
i've been collecting these jokes for years, always ready to follow a link or flip through a book to get a new one.
anyway, here's a list of The Top Ten Communist Jokes.

my favorite:

Three workers find themselves locked up, and they ask each other what they’re in for. The first man says: “I was always ten minutes late to work, so I was accused of sabotage.” The second man says: “I was always ten minutes early to work, so I was accused of espionage.” The third man says: “I always got to work on time, so I was accused of having a Western watch.”


read them all...

No comments: